I finished this quilt yesterday for Carol Yarmchuck! The pattern is a Judy Niemeyer (Quiltworx) pattern called Cactus Rose.
My goal in planning the quilting on this one was a variety of texture in the background, that focused the eye on the blocks. I did some doodling on a picture of the quilt, found a pathway, and figures out a plan. The photo below is my plan.
It is always so hard to see the total effect when the quilt is still on the frame. Once I pulled it off and could see the whole thing, I was happy to see that you could see different textures! I like it, I hope Carol does too!
Here are some more pictures:
That's it folks!
Still loving what I do! Feeling blessed….