My Holiday is over and It’s Tuesday! Time for my Tuesday Tip!
Today I am going to show you a new idea for me on rings of a Wedding Ring Quilt, and the stitch path I used. Here is a close up on one section.
Here is how:
- Stitch diagonally across ring pieces until you get to first Center.
- Sneak down the ditch of the Center to other side of ring.
Now come back down the same ring section crossing, making “X” type design on each square in the ring.
- You will be in the correct corner to simply start stitching up the next ring section.
- Again stitch to center and sneak down ditch of center.
- After finishing this arc, you will be in the right spot to continue down the ring section to your right.
- Continue stitching to end of this ring section.
- At the end of that section, stitch the other half of the X’s on that section.
- And stitch across the ring section right below, stitching to the center, but do not stictch the other half of the X’s at this time.
- Now continue with the next ring section.
- Repeat until you reach the right edge of the quilt.
- Sneak down ditch of Center until you reach the ring section that has only half of the X’s stitched.
- Now stitch the other half of these X’s.
- When you reach the next Center stitch down the ditch to the next half stitched ring section.
- Com time stitching in this manner until you have reached the left edge. You have now stitched one full row with no stops!
Till next week I am busy working on a fabulous Cactus Star Quilt!