Liebster Award – a quilt blogger’s kind of recognition chain!
I was very excited a bit ago when Bev Rinehart of Little House Creations nominated me for the Liebster Award! Thanks you Bev! At the time I had no idea what that was, but I soon found out (what did we do before google?!) Liebster is German for favourite – the award is presented to smaller blogs as a form of recognition and support. A ‘Smaller blog’ is one with 200 followers or less (that would definitely be me!).Bev and I got to know eachother through the APQS Forum. Bev is also coming to our stores workshops with Judy Niemeyer in July so I will get to meet her in person! Bev’s blog features some great quilts and often begins with some awesome nature photographs of her gorgeous setting at Water Valley Alberta. Check out her blog: http://littlehousecreations.blogspot.ca
As a recipient you are to:
1. Link back to the person who gave it to you and thank them.
2. Post the award to your blog.
3. Give the award to 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers that you appreciate and value.
4. Leave a comment on the 5 blogs to let them know that they have been offered this award.
Bev nominated be a couple of weeks ago, and those who know me personally know how busy I have been in those two weeks, so her I am finally getting my part of this done. IT WAS HARD! But here are my choices:
1. I struggled with this one, as it is my daughters! Should I or should I not? Then I decided a Mother should be her daughter’s biggest fan! Kathleen is a 23 year old who has been sewing since she was 5, and been passionate about quilting since she was 15! She is currently in the UK on a “working holiday.” She is working at a quilt store called Quilter’s Haven. She comes home July 30 and will be posting more regular and her internet will no longer be limited. Her blog is Kathleen Quilts at http://kathleengkerr.wordpress.com/
2. Next I nominate Elvira of The Shoemaker’s Daughter at http://elviraquilter.blogspot.ca/ Elvira and I met at a class in Des Monie Iowa at a class taught by Karan MacTavish. We kept in contact by facebook. Elvira is acutally a shoemakers daughter, who immegrated to the US from Germany. Her blog is a combination of quilting, travel, retreats and great pictures! Have a look….
3. Next I nominate Teresa Silva of Quilting is my Bliss at http://quiltingismybliss.blogspot.ca/. Teresa is from Washington State and I love her quilting, it is very inspiring and creative. Her blog is full of pictures of her lovely work.
4. Next I nominate Jenny of Jenny’s Doodling Needle at http://quiltingismybliss.blogspot.ca/. Jenny’s blog hosts many pictures of her amazing quilting. She really does doodle with a needle!
5. Last one, I nominate Monica of Monica Gum’s Pieceful Times Quilting Company at http://piecefultimes.blogspot.ca/. Monica does some really amazing quilting and her blog is simply a running narrative of her quilting. I love it!
So there they are. It was hard to choose just 5 and some I follow and love have more than 200 followers, I was tempted to add some honorable mentions!